Human Resources & Safety Coordinator Job Announcement
Job Number - 027
POSITION: Human Resource & Safety Coordinator
COMPENSATION: $20 – $22 per hour, Commensurate with Experience
SUPERVISOR: Fiscal Director
JOB SITE LOCATION: Eureka, CA
REQUIREMENTS: Must have bachelor's degree in human resources management, business administration or a related field; or four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Applicant must have ability to read, analyze, and interpret complex documents. Human Resource & Safety Coordinator must have ability to respond effectively to the most sensitive inquiries or complaints. Applicant must understand computerized payroll systems, and Microsoft Office (especially Microsoft Excel). Must have the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with fellow staff members. Knowledge of HR functions (pay & benefits, recruitment, training & development etc.). Understanding of labor laws and disciplinary procedures. Background in local, state, and federal health and safety guidelines and procedures. Ability to oversee the safety of all employees, make sure all projects are up to code, and provide advice and recommendations for safety improvements.
RESPONSIBILITIES: The Human Resource & Safety Coordinator performs the following tasks:
- Serve as a link between management and employees by fielding questions, interpreting, and helping to resolve work-related issues in a professional and timely manner.
- Ensure compliance with corporate policy, fair employment practices and government regulations, including planning, organizing, directing, controlling and coordinating personnel, and labor relations activities.
- Provide information and training to employees about company policies, job duties and job safety, working conditions, wages, opportunities, employee benefits.
- Create, improve, and monitor new hire packets to ensure legislative compliance.
- Administer new hire orientations, disciplinary/counseling actions, and terminations.
- Ensure proper documentation maintained in corporate personnel files, including maintaining documentation organization for hires, performance, and time and attendance.
- Conduct investigations on employee relations issues: Sexual Harassment, Grievances, Safety, etc.
- Ensure all legal postings are accessible and posted according to legislative compliance.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Responsible for core agency payroll of 30 employees including benefit administration.
- Entering of new hires, employee changes, voluntary deductions in the payroll system.
- Processing of manual checks such as terminations and discrepancies.
- Prepare and process hourly and salaried semi-monthly payrolls.
- Prepare and process garnishments.
- Processing stop payments or adjustments of payroll.
- Ensure that computing, withholding, and deductions are done correctly.
- Knowledge of wage and hour laws.
- Contributing to team effort by cross training in fiscal functions and accomplishing related duties as needed.
- Provide general guidance, direction, advice and regulatory requirements in all areas of occupational safety and health.
- Maintain OSHA documentation MSDS Binders and Chemical Lists.
- Ensure regular safety meetings are conducted with documentation and organization.
- Coach and educate all levels of management and employees on environmental safety and health regulations.
- Identify, report and provide solutions for employee safety programs, regulatory compliance and employee health issues.
- Key contact for safety inspections.
- Receive and review all field safety meetings. Complete reports as directed.
- Review all post-accident investigations and near misses for process and procedural improvements and follow-up with management.
- Responsible for the timely and accurate completion of Worker’s Compensation Claims and Reports with proper processing protocols and follow-up on claims.
- Ensure all legal postings are accessible and posted according to legislative compliance (Liability Policies, OSHA 300 Log, Etc.).
- Other duties as assigned.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Native American Hiring Preference Applies as per Section 703(i) of Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, as amended.
Application available here.