Suicide can have a devastating impact on a community or organization. The shock and grief can ripple throughout the community affecting friends, co-workers, schools, and faith communities. Connect postvention training helps service providers respond in a coordinated and comprehensive way in the aftermath of a suicide or any sudden death.More than "just training," Connect fosters relationship building and the exchanges of resources among participants. Connect has develop postvention protocols for educators, emergency medical services, faith leaders, funeral directors, law enforcement, mental health/substance abuse providers, medical examiners, coroners, military, and social service providers.
- Design comprehensive and safe response to a suicide
- Describe strategies for reducing risk of contagion
- Explain the complexity of suicide-related grief
- Demonstrate ways to talk to survivors of suicide loss to promote their healing
- Identify best practices for safe messaging about suicide and responding to the media
This session is March 20 at the Humboldt Office of Education.
Click here for information on the session at the Yurok Tribal Office on March 19.